Gain a deeper understanding of the latest aviation trends through an Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University MOOC (Massive Open Online Course). Available to anyone with online access, these complimentary, non-credit courses deliver specialized instruction from subject-matter experts on a variety of topics, ranging from aircraft maintenance to passenger safety. Courses include readings, practitioner interviews, discussions, quizzes and surveys. Register today to discover new horizons with the global leader in aerospace education!
Leadership Skills for Women in Aerospace and Aviation
April 17-May 31, 2022
This course will address the industry’s need to prepare current and future female leaders in the aerospace and aviation industry. Training will cover factors to help women advance, insights from top women leaders, resources from key accomplished women in aerospace and aviation to overcome career challenges and information from Embry-Riddle experts to increase retention of women in the aviation industry.
- The Honorable Marion Blakely, former FAA Administrator, and former President Rolls-Royce North America
- Stephanie Chung, Chief Growth Officer, Wheels UP
- Dr. Becky Lutte, Associate Professor Aviation Institute, University of Nebraska at Omaha and Member FAA Women in Aviation Advisory Board (WIAAB)
- Joan Robinson-Berry, Retired Boeing
- Captain Tammie Jo Shults, Southwest Airlines and WIAAB
- Dr. Ellen Stofan, Under Secretary for Science and Research Smithsonian Institution, former Director National Air and Space Museum and former chief scientist at NASA
- Bobbi Wells, former Fedex, current American Airlines and WIAAB
- Denise Wilson, Jet AVIVA and former founder Desert Jet and Inc 500 Entrepreneur
The course is co-sponsored by NASA Nebraska Space Grant.