Texas Space Grant Consortium is live with the program application for LiftOff and Liftoff Alumni Summer Institute 2023! Application deadline is December 20, 2022!
Beginning in the summer of 1990, the NASA’s Texas Space Grant Consortium initiated a week-long professional development training for teachers. This aerospace workshop, called LiftOff, emphasizes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) learning experiences by incorporating a space science theme supported by NASA missions. Teacher participants are provided with information and experiences through speakers, hands-on activities and field investigations that promote space science and enrichment activities for themselves and others.
From looking for potential asteroids or comets that might impact Earth, to protecting our home planet, NASA’s Planetary defense research is critical to our assessment of future impact hazards, for developing spacecraft missions that will assist us in protecting our home and increasing our understanding of the world around us. Join us for LiftOff 2023: Planetary Defenders, June 25-30, 2023.
- Presentations by NASA scientists and engineers
- Tours of NASA and Space Center Houston
- Hands-on, inquiry-based classroom activities aligned to educational standards
- Career Exploration
- Teacher Feature (sharing of classroom lessons and activities)
- Opportunity to interact with researchers dedicated to space missions
- Currently employed as a 5-12 grade classroom educator
- Demonstrate willingness to share information with others
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Texas Participants: FREE – All expenses paid by TSGC upon selection
- Out-of-State: $1,250 registration fee (includes lodging, meals, tours)
- Participants or sponsoring Space Grants will be responsible for travel to Houston, Texas
- Applications: Must be submitted online