The open application period for this funding opportunity has ended. Please check back soon for other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
The Nevada NASA EPSCoR program announces available funding for 2022 Research Infrastructure Development (RID) Seed Grants.
Focus: The programmatic focus is to further engage and utilize Nevada’s unique resources and talent for enhancing scientific discovery and/or developing new technologies to address NASA’s research priorities. The request for seed grant funds may be based on outcomes from prior workshops/meetings with NASA Personnel; however, a seed grant award should not augment existing funded research projects. Research Infrastructure Development (RID) activities should target unique activities that increase Nevada’s competitiveness.
The seed grant proposals must result in the submission of a new proposal to a NASA or relevant program, and be designed for activities that accomplish one or more of the following:
- Initiate inter-or multi-disciplinary activities;
- Create critical mass or expertise on topics of strategic interest to NASA and Nevada; and/or
- Engage NASA scientists from one or more NASA Centers.
Note: There is no requirement to collaborate with other NSHE institutions nor that funds be used to support student participation, although it is allowable. Any student support should be fully explained in the project description.
- Faculty within any Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Institution, particularly junior faculty, women, and members of other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
- Faculty receiving direct funding do not have to be U.S. citizens.
- Faculty who currently have a NVSGC research infrastructure or NASA EPSCoR research sub-award/grant are not eligible until after the end of their project.
- Faculty may only apply to the NVSGC Research Infrastructure or NV NASA EPSCoR RID Seed Grant solicitation, but not both during the same solicitation year.
Funding: Depending on available funds, it is anticipated that 3 projects will be awarded. Project total should not exceed $37,492 ($29,992 federal/$7,500 state match). Unrecovered F&A must be included as part of the state match. Matching funds will be provided by State Special Projects fund. Each submitted proposal must include budgets signed by the Sponsored Projects Office or Business Managers from the lead institution and any collaborating NSHE institutions with the amount of the collaborators total budget listed under 1.A. Subcontracts on the NSHE budget form for the lead institution.
Awards will be made to the lead PI and then their institution will sub-award funds to any collaborating NSHE institutions. It is expected that each institution involved in a project will receive both Federal and State matching funds. Please note that potential delays in Congressional appropriations and release of funds may result in late sub-awards. We currently anticipate making sub-awards during Summer 2022.
Proposed project period may start on August 1, 2022 and extend through May 31, 2023.
Please read the full SOLICITATION for all relevant details. *Download PDF file to view "paperclipped" attachments.
A web-based meeting (MS 365 Teams) will be held to provide an overview of NV NASA EPSCoR RID Seed Grant and NVSGC Research Infrastructure solicitations, tips on proposal preparation and Q&A. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 14, 2021, at 3:00 pm (PT). Use this link to attend: JOIN THE MEETING
Proposal Deadline: Monday, March 7, 2022; 5:00 pm PT.